Lifetime Limited Warranty
Warranty Coverage for all Nailite Products
The Nailite warranty provides 100% labor and material coverage against defects in the Product for the first 8 years, and continued coverage at scaled rates for the life of the Products, to any properly registered homeowner who originally purchased the Product and any properly registered transferee. For the purposes of this warranty, "defects" means fading beyond normal weathering, blistering, peeling or displaying excessive chalking.
In addition, this warranty provides hail damage coverage to give you peace of mind during stormy weather, as explained below.
In the unlikely event that warranty work is required, Nailite will repair, replace or refinish any Nailite material found to be defective.
- Nailite designs its Products so that they age as gracefully and naturally as authentic wood and masonry Products. As natural weathering occurs, it may present itself as a lightening or darkening of the panel, which creates a distinctive look for your home.
- Fading is a primary concern for homeowners when considering a siding Product. Fading is defined as the loss of color over time, beyond normal weathering, which can be attributed to a manufacturing defect. Unlike other manufacturers whose fade coverage terminates after a few years, Nailite provides continuing fade coverage even when transferred.
- Nailite's warranty is a valuable asset to the original purchaser, as it is transferable to the next owner should you decide to sell your home.
- Nailite provides hail coverage, which covers the cost of material (not labor) for the portion of material not covered by your homeowners insurance. Nailite is not responsible nor will it reimburse the homeowner for any homeowner deductible.
Steps to Protect Your Investment
- Nailite cannot warrant improper Product installation. To ensure proper installation we recommend you choose a licensed and insured contractor who will take the appropriate steps to protect your investment by following Nailite's installation guidelines.
- Nailite encourages you to register your warranty immediately after installation while your proof of purchase is readily available. Once registered, no additional paperwork will be required should you ever have a claim. If you have not registered, your original proof of purchase will be required in order to process your claim. For your convenience, a mail in registration card is provided in each carton of siding.
Nailite siding is manufactured for vertical siding applications and for mansard roof applications. Warranty relief will be provided if none of the following conditions exist:
- Improper installations: Not in accordance with Nailite Guidelines.
- Improper or lack of maintenance, storage and handling of the Product.
- Use of incompatible accessories as outlined in the installation guidelines.
- Damage caused by impact of foreign objects, fire, earthquake, flood, lightning, hurricane, tornado or other acts of God.
- Movement, distortion, cracking or settling of the wall and or foundation.
- Power washing is not allowed; please see the Care and Maintenance section for instructions on how to clean your siding.
Nailite reserves the right to discontinue or change any Product design, color or accessory without notice to the original owner or transferee.
To file a warranty claim, please contact Nailite at 1111 NW 165 Street, Miami, FL 33169-5871, Attn: Warranty Department or call 888-300-0070.
In the event of a partial repair or replacement, homeowner acknowledges that new panels may not necessarily match the original panels. The original homeowner or transferee acknowledges that a color variance may occur between new and replacement Product due to normal weathering or manufacturing color variations.
|*Years||Nailite's Prorated Share||*Years||Nailite's Prorated Share|
*The term, "years" defines the time since the original installation.
- The original warranty shall not be extended nor restarted upon completion of warranty work.
- All prorated calculations are based on current retail value of labor and materials in the trade area at the time of repair or replacement.
- Please allow a reasonable amount of time for the processing of warranty claims to accommodate scheduling and weather.
- Only the homeowner who originally purchased the Nailite Product or a properly registered transferee has any rights under this warranty.
- Improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repairs voids this warranty.
- The above table defines relief under the terms of the warranty for manufacturing defects only. Coverage for hail damage is described on page 1 and covers material only, not labor.
- Nailite's obligations under the terms of this Warranty will be limited to the purchase price of the originally installed Products found to be defective and the cost of labor for the original installation of such Products.
Care and Maintenance
While Nailite siding comes closer to being totally maintenance free than any other siding of its type on the market today, it may become dirty. As a result, it should be cleaned yearly to prevent dirt or mildew.
Generally your Nailite siding can be cleaned satisfactorily with the use of an ordinary garden hose; do not power wash Nailite siding. If plain water does not remove the dirt, we suggest the following:
Gently wash siding with a soft bristle brush and water from garden hose.
Where dirt is of a stubborn nature, the following cleaning solutions work well:
1/3 cup detergent (e.g. Tide)
2/3 cup trisodium (e.g. Soilax)
4 quarts of water
In certain geographic areas where mildew may be a problem, substitute one quart of 5% sodium hydrochloride (e.g. Clorox), for one quart of water in the above solution. If the structure is extremely dirty, it is recommended that you start washing from the top and work down to the bottom. Apply cleaning solution and let it stand several minutes so the dirt will loosen. The siding must be rinsed thoroughly with clear water to avoid staining and/or streaking.
Nailite shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of any express or implied warranty.
Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from State to State.
Revision C Effective September 2, 2003